Cheyenne McCray and Kayce Lassiter are rockin’ the 10 Most Popular books in the store list at Totally Bound!!! Two BMG’s on the list at the same time…how AWESOME is that?! Go get your copies RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!!!
BUY POINT BLANK:
BUY MURDER BY DUMMIES:
Hurry! Before they run out. 🙂 Just kidding…
Congratulations, Jean (skpetal)!
You have won the package of ten autographed books from
The Butterscotch Martini Girls
Thanks to everyone who entered.
Come join the Butterscotch Martini Girls for a discussion around our funniest New Year’s stories.
Join the Butterscotch Martini Girls as we talk about Funny New Year’s Stories!
Everyone I know has the more normal New Year’s resolutions – you know…lose weight, clean out their closet, exercise 4X a week…
Yeah – not my style. Not that those aren’t admirable resolutions to have, but they just aren’t on my list. And I would probably never keep them beyond January anyway.
So what IS on my list?
- Write daily! I already try to do this, but end up on a pretty normal week only writing on 5 days and those aren’t always productive ones.
- Read more! TONS of people have this on their lists, but as a writer, it’s pretty important. I often use reading as a reward for reaching some word count goal in my current Work in Progress, and I can’t read in the genre I’m currently writing. I don’t want to start sounding like the author I’m reading. When I read, I get just as immersed in that world and those characters as when I write. So often, I’ll read historical romances, comedy romances or even history or biographies. But whatever I’m reading I NEED to read more in 2016! I only read 13 books in 2015 (not counting the ones I critiqued for other writers) and that’s pretty pathetic for me.
- Do more real time research! I do a lot of my research online, or even chatting online with people to get the information I need. But for my current series, I really need to wrangle the Butterscotch Martini Girls and go to a BDSM dungeon/sex club. Hubby told me in no uncertain terms when I was offered the contract with Random House Loveswept that he would NOT be the one to go with me…LOL! But I’ll bet at least a few of the girls would be game!
- Find a few more people who are active in the BDSM/fetish lifestyle to interview and get story ideas. Pretty self explanatory – more research from those who live that lifestyle will give me great writing material!!
- Step up my sex scenes. Yes, I can see some of you cringing because a lot of my sex scenes are already pretty hot, but I don’t want them to get stagnant or predictable so I need to keep striving to write better/hotter ones that also bring the characters together and bring the characters closer emotionally.
- The BMG’s have been talking about getting Martini girl tattoos. I’m thinking about it. I have one existing tatt I need to get touched up, but I wouldn’t mind adding a small BMG one to the two I have. After all, I’m one of the founding members and it’s been a BIG part of my life for over a decade now. It would be a tattoo I would love forever, and I do still have a few places that won’t sag too much over the next 20 years!! No one wants a crinkly or suddenly 3 foot long martini glass….snerk!
- I also do have some normal resolutions…like not to beat myself up as much when I have a bad writing week or get behind on word count.
- To not compare myself to other authors’ writing output and feel bad about myself.
- To be thankful every day that I can STILL write – even if it takes me four times as long as it did pre brain blowout.
- The be more kind and compassionate
- To always work to be a better mother and wife
- To love myself more
- To be less judgmental about myself and others
- To be thankful for everything each and every day!
- To make sure everyone I love and care for knows how I feel!
- To find joy in every day!
- Do my gratitude exercises every day as soon as I get up!
If you were expecting more X-rated resolutions – just head on out to my Cassie Ryan page and pick up a book or two…and definitely my latest – My Obsession. That’ll give you the X-rated you’ve been looking for! 🙂
But if you’d like to go sensual instead of erotic – head on out to my Tina Gerow page.
What are some of YOUR resolutions that aren’t on everyone else’s list?
Happy New Year!
I’m off to raise a Butterscotch Martini to a new year!!!!
Posted in Books by Cassie Ryan, Books by Tina Gerow, Cassie Ryan, Craft of Writing, Erotic, Fun Writing Stuff, goals, Life Events, Tina Gerow, Writing Life
Tagged butterscotch martini girls, Cassie Ryan, My Obsession, New Years Resolutions, Tina Gerow
Join the Butterscotch Martini Girls for our weekly book blab! This week we are talking about funny tattoo stories!
This week, the Butterscotch Martini Girls discussed their funniest job stories (no, not THAT kind of job – work stories). Join the Butterscotch Martini Girls as they bare all in another riotous romp on Blab.